Mobile-first e-commerce for handmade soaps.
Pavot is a single-handled business that sells natural, handmade soaps. My client, the funder and soap maker, needs a website both to gain visibility and increase the sales.
For Pavot I designed a brand new, mobile first e-commerce for handmade, 100% natural,and beautiful soaps.
Client’s needs & goals
The owner of Pavot is not only a single handed entrepreneur, but also the artisan and designer of the soaps she sells locally. She normally does it through word of mouth, but she desires as well a digital “show room” to gain more loyal customers and to increase her sales.
- Digital show room to increase visibility and to reach more customers;
- Online shop to increase sales;
- Create a tighter relationship with the customers through the newsletters.
Artisanal, natural, vegan, local, clean.
100% natural, vegan soaps for anyone looking for self wellness in harmony with the nature.Pavot
Adel contributes to sustainability taking responsible choices also when it is time to self’-treat. She found the online shop of Pavot while browsing with her mobile and started her customer journey.
|Add favorites||Yes, but then are findable only after login||No||Yes, need access|
features ideation for pavot
- Product categories;
- Product search;
- Product suggestion;
- Product details;
- Product reviews;
- Add product to favorites;
- Login/Sign up or
- Checkout as a guest;
- Order history;
- Help & contacts.
Some hows and whys
When the user lands to the Pavot homepage can:
- Browse scrolling down the product categories;
- Slide laterally within a category to see more products;
- Search using the search bar. Autocomplete, predictive text.
- Browse the hamburger menu that contains; product categories, order history, account, and Help & contact links;
- add product to favorites: this action is possible also if not logged. The favorites are stored in cookies;
- Add products in basket: here the user is asked to login or to sign up/ continue as a guest. The “continue as a guest” feature is the reason for allowing the users to save products in “favorites” without signing in.
LoW FIDELITY FRAMES
High FIDELITY FRAMES
Navigation bar with hamburger menu, Pavot’s logo, search bar, favorites and basket.
An horizontal line always highlights where the user is.
Hero image with value proposition message.
Scroll down to browse products in product categories. Products slide to left.
Product details page
- Hero image and 3 miniatures;
- product details;
- CTA to add to basket: rounded button and big button;
- more suggested products.
New customer registration
- Short form with the essential required data to proceed to create the account or
- continue as a guest; tertiary button.
- Newsletter checkbox.